SOK is taking the 48V battery world by storm with an extremely convenient & modular server rack design. When incorporated into a datacenter, telecom room, or a whole home backup system, you can fit some serious capacity into a minimal amount of space. The capacity of each module is 5.12 kWh – this means that a typical system with 5 batteries could easily power heavy loads for hours!
- Enhanced Temperature Monitoring: Equipped with 5 temperature sensors to safeguard against extreme temperatures.
- BMS Protection: Features a pre-charge circuit to prevent any potential damage to the Battery Management System (BMS).
- Seamless Communication: Supports RS485 and CANBus communication protocols, ensuring compatibility with a wide range of inverters. (Be sure to select the proper communications cables.)
- Quick and Easy Installation: Designed for rack mounting, facilitating swift and effortless setup.
- Long-Term Assurance: Enjoy a comprehensive 10-year full warranty and a typical lifespan of 20 years.
- High-Capacity Cells: Cells rated for 80% capacity retention after 4000 cycles, even at a 100% Depth of Discharge (DOD) with a 1C rate.
- Extended Cycle Life: Typical capacity at 80% Depth of Discharge (DOD) with a 0.5C rate surpasses 7000 cycles.
- Effortless Storage: Includes a 5-slot rack free of charge with the purchase of a complete set of 5 batteries.
- Intelligent Battery Management: Equipped with a built-in Smart Battery Management System (BMS) for enhanced performance and efficiency.
- Easy Maintenance: User-friendly design allows for convenient servicing of cells and BMS.
- Certified for Safety: UL1973 & UL9540A certified, UL9540 pending
SOK has a long history of delivering the highest quality and safest design at a value conscious price point. This trend continues with the release of the SK48V100. A true Grade A+ Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery pack designed to be easily installed into standard 19” EIA server-rack type battery enclosures or the custom-built SOK Server Rack.
A 16S (48v nominal) 5.12 kW-h LiFePO4 battery bank has been paired with a digital battery management system (BMS). This pairing provides automated and maintenance free battery operation, with a typical lifespan of over 4000 cycles. The assembly features full CAN bus & RS485 protocols to pair with most common 48V inverters, as well as RS-232 control for PC configuration.
The SK48V100 battery is ideal for medium to large-scale off-grid and grid-interactive energy storage systems (ESS), telecom & server room backup, as well as mobile installations requiring a 48V battery.
Applications that require reliability, expandability, quality, safety, and serviceability are well-suited for this battery array. The SK48V100 batteries are expandable up to 15 modules per master battery, for a total system size of 76.8 kW-h per battery cluster. In special circumstances, multiple battery clusters are interconnectable for even larger centrally managed systems or joined to an unlimited size without communication connected.
All products have an estimated useful life, the amount of time that a product is expected to stay in working order, which can vary slightly depending on the usage, environment, and build quality. Failures can also be caused by shipping damage, installer error, downstream equipment malfunction, natural aging, and unavoidable environmental factors such as lightning.
Competing 48V server rack battery manufacturers are not designing their products to handle a failure taking place. Other batteries on the market prevent user-serviceability and are permanently sealed using techniques such as IR-Laser Welding of aluminum cell-interconnection busbars, plastic injection-molded cases, and permanent epoxy potting during assembly. These processes are great for single-use disposable products, but a poor choice for systems expected to last decades. When parts within these permanently assembled packs fail, the entire module is rendered useless and needs to be disposed of as E-waste and replaced as a complete unit. Any attempt to service would certainly void your warranty and the likelihood of a successful service is slim to none.
This is where SOK has distinguished themselves as the leading battery manufacturer. SOK Battery believes that their batteries are an investment and should withstand the test of time. Instead of becoming expensive and toxic waste, the SOK Battery SK48V100 is engineered so that every single part within the battery pack can be field serviced using just a Phillips screwdriver and a 10mm wrench. Each component inside the battery’s casing can be easily replaced by either an authorized service agent or the end customer, offering a convenient solution for those who prioritize battery maintenance and reliability. This means less downtime and lower repair costs to the end-customer, as well as a decreased environmental impact.
Dave F (verified owner) –
I picked up 2 of the 48V server rack batteries. Packaging and Shipping were perfect. Everything in my new system is working perfectly. Great customer support from the team. I had a communication issue between the battery and my inverter. CC worked patiently with me and got the issue resolved going above and beyond my expectations.
Jay Heil (verified owner) –
Just bought 8 of these and I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am with them and the people at CC. Absolutely zero install issues. So clean, easy and simple.
I wrote a detailed review on the Outback forum for those that want the details: https://forum.outbackpower.com/viewtopic.php?t=17400.
Stuart Keough (verified owner) –
Only had them up for 4 days but been perfect so far. Everything is cool to the touch even when I was charging and discharging at up to 9.5kw. I’m probably going to end up getting 5 more as 25kwh doesn’t last as long as I thought it does 😀
Jeff A (verified owner) –
Fantastic company, great products, awesome customer service! I’ve been working with Current Connected for awhile now. and have always found them to be helpful, courteous, professional and highly knowledgeable. Thank you for solving our battery dilemma with 6 SOK server rack batteries…and just as importantly, patiently answer all my questions!